Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Blessed Imelda


This picture was taken in Bologna, Italy. It is of Blessed Imelda. This is the Saint of First Communicants. She died in 1333, of happiness. She received her First Communion after a Host suspended in midair was caught on the patten of the priest celebrating Mass on Ascension Thursday, and Imelda was the only one that hadn't received Communion in the entire Church. Her feast day is on May 12, but I couldn't help but share it with you early. I recommend that you all look her up and admire the complete love that she had for Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. Her body is incorrupt, as you can see from the picture. She said, "Who can receive Our Blessed Lord, and not die (of happiness)?"

Speaking of complete love for Our Lord, let's have the quote for the day.

(The Incarnation, Book I Chapter IX, #102.)

While thus the heavenly Lady was lost in admiration of what the Almighty showed to her, and was wrapped in praise and exaltation of the Lord, his Majesty spoke to Her and said:"My chosen Dove, all the visible creatures, which thou beholdest, I have created and preserved in all their variety and beauty by my Providence, solely for the love of men. And from all the souls, which I have until now created and which are predestined to be created unto the end, I shall choose and select the congregation of the faithful, who shall be set apart and washed in the blood of the Lamb in the Redemption of the world. They shall be the special fruit of his Redemption, and they shall enjoy its blessings through the new law of grace and the sacraments to be instituted by the Redeemer; and afterwards those that persevere shall partake of my eternal glory and friendship. For these chosen ones I have primarily created these wonderful works! and if all of them would strive to serve Me, adore and acknowledge my holy name; as far as I am concerned, I would for each and every one of them create these great treasures and assign all over to them as their posession."

God Bless you.Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>